Our Secured Behavioral Unit offers specialized, long-term and short-term care for older adults who have been diagnosed with dementia. These patients may or may not experience behavior and emotional challenges. Some may also have psychiatric disorders, and may or may not experience agitation. We offer residents in our Secured Behavioral Unit a dedicated staff, trained in effective intervention techniques and supported in behavior care management. It is a safe, secure, home-like environment with secure outdoor access, a true "Caring Community."
What does our Secured Behavioral Unit offer residents?
- Dedicated staff, trained in effective intervention techniques and supported in behavior care management
- A safe, secure, home-like environment with secure outdoor access, a true "Caring Community"
- Our activity programs support both secured and non-secured unit participation as a group
- Our staff enjoys learning to understand and know each patient as an individual
- A Registered Nurse with a specialty in dementia behaviors and hands-on experience in dementia behaviors
- A psychiatrist actively involved in problem-solving and helping to understand and identify behaviors and trigger points